Frozen Crunchy Punch
Mary R Morris
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a fun punch! Perfect for luncheons or showers, this is a slushy delight for the senses. The Test Kitchen
3 pkgJello (strawberry)
13 cBoiling water
12 ozLemon juice (i use the bottled kind)
246 oz Cans of pineapple juice
1/2 lGinger ale or 7 up
4 1/2 galEmpty milk or orange juice cartons
·or 4- 2 liter empty soda bottles
How to Make Frozen Crunchy Punch
- Dissolve the 3 packages of Jello in 13 Cups of boiling water, add the 4 Cups of Sugar, stir until it is dissolved. Let cool.
- Add the 12 oz of Lemon Juice and the 2-46 oz Cans of Pineapple Juice.Mix well and pour in to the 4-1/2 gallon cartons or 4-2 liter soft drink bottles and freeze.(I have frozen these for up to 5 months)About two (2) hours before serving time, remove carton from freezer, cut away carton and place in punch bowl.
- Break into pieces with a large fork and SLOWLY add 1 Bottle of the Ginger Ale or 7Up for each frozen carton.Stir till crunchy and ready to serve.BE SURE TO HAVE THE GINGER ALE OR 7UP COLD WHEN YOU ADD TO THE FROZEN PUNCH.
- Personal Note: I always slice a orange or lime thin and float on top of punch for presentation.
- Pour Ginger Ale or 7Up SLOWLY down the side of the punch bowl, into the frozen punch it will stop the foaming that some time happens when pouring soda...I use Ginger Ale ,as I find it keeps the punch from being to sweet.In Fact I use the Wall-Mart brand because it is not as sweet..PERSONAL NOTE I just tried 4 empty 2 liter soda bottles to freeze the punch in.
- Then I divided the punch evenly among the bottles, and then froze ..It worked as well if not better then the 1/2 Gallon milk jug's.It was easier to cut open,I just punched a whole in the side of the soda bottle ,then cut in half and dumped the slightly defrosted punch in the bowl and then broke up with a fork till slushy.
- Then slowly poured the Ginger ale down side of bowl. JUST be careful when cutting the soda bottle in half that it does not roll that is why you punch a hole in it then use the hole to cut through.