Hot Apple Satellite Cider
How to Make Hot Apple Satellite Cider
- Place cider in large pot for cooking and put it on a back burner of the stove. (To free up the front for other things -- the cider will be on the stove for a while.)
- Take the cinnamon sticks and punch into orange at intervals circling around the middle (it will look like a satellite)
NOTE: Choose the thinnest cinnamon sticks to make them easier to push through the orange skin -- leave 70 percent of the cinnamon stick sticking out of the orange.
- Punch whole cloves into orange also -- they have a long tail which can be pushed into the skin leaving the rest of the clove on the outside of the orange.
- Place the orange satellite into the pot of cider and bring to a boil, then turn down to low simmer to just keep it warm. The orange will float on top of the cider making it easy to pull out when it is done.
- Let it simmer for at least an hour -- more if you like. Remove when the cider tastes perfect to you. The citrus oil, cinnamon, and cloves make the house smell good, and the cider delicious. It also makes the cider clear which means no fishing out bits of things from the cups in order to drink it. It is "user friendly" LOL
- Do not eat the orange afterward -- it will taste terrible -- guess how I know? Just throw it away. It will make the trash smell nice for a while, too -- LOL
- NOTE: There is no need to add any kind of sweetener -- the apple cider is already plenty sweet