I imagine that the sumac berries may be purchased as not all of us live a sumac growing area.
- cones of freshly picked sumac
- 3 c
- of fresh cold water
- honey or any sweetening you prefer (optional)
How to Make Sumac-Ade
- 3Crush the berries with your hands for a couple of minutes, or you could alternatively put the mixture into a blender and let it blend away.
- 4Add berries to the water and let rest for about 30-60 minutes depending on how strong of a flavor you want.
- 5Strain using a cheesecloth, and sweeten to your liking. Serve cold with ice.
- 6Do not boil the Sumac cones, as that can produce a bitter taste.
However, soaking the Sumac cones in hot water can yield to a nice healthy tea.