Spiced Hot Buttered Rum (Connecticut)
275 Old Post Rd
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- pinch ground allspice
- sprinkling freshly grated nutmeg
- ¾ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1½ oz. dark rum
- 1 long cinnamon stick
How to Make Spiced Hot Buttered Rum (Connecticut)
- 1In a small bowl mix the butter with the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg until thoroughly combined.
- 2Warm the pineapple juice in microwave until very hot, but not boiling. Remove and whisk in spiced butter until combined. Pour rum into heat proof glass mug.
- 3Pour the pineapple juice mixture into the mug and drop in a long cinnamon stick to use as a swizzle stick.