Grown Up Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 c
- (4 oz.) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- half and half
- 1 Tbsp
- amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- unsweetened cocoa, if desired
How to Make Grown Up Hot Chocolate
- 1In saucepan over low heat, bring chocolate and half-and-half to simmer, whisking constantly. Simmer 1 minute or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; whisk in liqueur and vanilla.
Pour into four 1/2-cup demitasse or coffee cups. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons whipped cream; dust with Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa (if desired). Serve immediately.
Instead of amaretto, use 1 tablespoon hazelnut, coffee or orange liqueur or peppermint schnapps, or 1/2 teaspoon almond or peppermint extract.