Strawberry-Lemon Curd Trifle
I love trifles, and this is a really good one. I'll take and post a photograph when I can use both hands/arms (Broke wrist, Ulna, Radius and bones on top of hand - Ouch!)
- pound cake; can also use a sponge or butter cake -homemade or store-bought.
- 1-1/2 c
- strawberry sauce (recipe listed with my other recipes- or can use store bought)
- 1/2 lb
- fresh stawberries, sliced
- 1-1/2 c
- lemon curd (recipe listed with my other recipes -or you can use store bought)
- 1-1.2 c
- cold, heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 Tbsp
- white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- shortbread or amaretti cookies
How to Make Strawberry-Lemon Curd Trifle
- 1Have ready the pound cake, the strawberry sauce, sliced strawberries, lemon curd, and whipping cream.
- 2To make the whipping cream: In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- 3To assemble: In the bottom of your trifle bowl place slices (about 1/3 inch thick) of the pound cake. Fill in any gaps with extra pieces of the cake. Pour half of the strawberry sauce over the pound cake. Top the strawberry sauce with half of the sliced strawberries.
- 4Next pour half of the lemon curd over the strawberries. Top with half of the whipped cream. Repeat the layers -ending with the whipped cream -top with fresh strawberries.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, to allow the flavors to mingle. Just before serving sprinkle the top of the trifle with the crushed Amaretti or shortbread cookies, if desired.
- 6Note: This trifle can also be made into individual servings. Simply follow the recipe for the large trifle only instead of using a large trifle bowl, use small glasses (about 1 cup) Makes about 10 individual trifles.