Mary Kay Nugent
It is like a cross between bread pudding and pineapple candy...absolutely delicious.
Mom used to make it for Christmas and Easter when we would have ham, but it is such a fast simple dish that it could be made anytime...I dare you to try it!!
NOTE: You can even use cinnamon bread for a different variation.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a really good and easy dessert to prepare for your guests. Don't forget to serve with a healthy-size scoop of vanilla ice cream! The Test Kitchen
- 1/4 c
- butter (melted in the pan)
- eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- 3-4 slice
- white bread (cubed) any kind of white bread will work
- 1/4 c
- 1 (20oz) can(s)
- crushed pineapple (drained)
How to Make Pineapple Souffle
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Melt the butter in an 8x8 pan. I just put the pan in the oven while preheating.
- 2Beat 3 eggs in medium bowl.
- 3To the eggs, add the sugar, milk, cubed bread, and pineapple. Fold all of these ingredients together and pour into the pan with the melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1 Tblsp. of sugar and Bake 45 minutes. Will be very hot and bubbly.
- 4Top with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a tasty treat the kids will love!!