Nana's Rice Pudding
How to Make Nana's Rice Pudding
- Heat rice and water to a boil in a saucpan, stirring once or twice. Then put heat on low and cover and simmer rice for about 14 minutes. Do NOT lift cover during this time. All water should be absorbed when the time is up
- Beat eggs in a casserole dish. (1 1/2 quart ungreased dish) Beat in sugar. Now stir in raisins, milk, vanilla, salt and hot rice.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon. (I use a healthy amount since my family loves cinnamon)
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes. Do NOT cover. Be sure to stir every 15 minutes. (Do not over bake the rice or it will curdle)
- The top of the pudding will be wet and not set. Stir pudding well and allow to stand for 15 minutes. This is when the liquid will be absorbed and make the pudding creamy.
- You may serve this warm or cold (my family prefers it cold, it takes about 3 hours to chill up nice when put in frig covered) When serving sprinkle with a bit more cinnamon and top with whipped cream.