2frozen deep dish pie shells, thawed
2 lbground beef
2(12 oz.) jars prepared beef gravy
6-8medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 pkg(12 oz.) shredded mild cheddar cheese
How to Make Shepherd's Pie
- Bake 2 pie shells at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Next, boil potatoes until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add butter, salt and milk to potatoes and mash or whip with electric mixer.
- Next, brown Ground beef in a large skillet. Drain thoroughly. Return beef to pan and add 2 jars of beef gravy. Heat over medium heat until well blended and warmed through.
- Divide beef mixture evenly into baked pie shells.
- Divide whipped potatoes evenly and spread over beef mixture in each pie shell.
- Sprinkle each pie with 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Slice into 1/6-size servings.