Never Fail Pie Crust
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspwhite vinegar
2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
How to Make Never Fail Pie Crust
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle with vinegar. Gradually add the milk, tossing with a fork until a ball is formed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- For a single crust, roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9" or 10" pie plate. Transfer pastry to a pie plate. Trim shell according to recipe directions.
- For double crust, divide pastry in half so that one ball is slightly larger than the other.
- Roll out larger ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9" or 10" pie plate. Transfer to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate.
- Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake according to recipe directions