Lemon Meringue Pie with a twist
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I can't wait to make this again on a hot summer day. This pie was so refreshing. The addition of lemonade gave this pie a different taste and is a great twist! The Test Kitchen
1 1/2 cwater
6 Tbspcorn starch
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1/3 csugar, for meringue
1/4 tspcream of tartar
19-inch pie crust shell of your choice
6 ozcan frozen lemonade, thawed
How to Make Lemon Meringue Pie with a twist
- Mix the one cup of sugar and cornstarch. Add cold water. Whisk together.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly until liquid is clear.
- Mix small amount of hot mixture with slightly beaten egg yolks, and return all to pan. Mix in lemonade, salt, and butter.
Cook stirring constantly for one minute or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- When cooled pour into baked pie shell (9" pie shell).
- Beat egg whites with 1/3 cup sugar and cream of tartar until stiff and forming peaks. Put on pie and bake in 350 degrees until lightly golden. Cool then refrigerate.