Jennie's Caramel Pie
I've seen a lot of recipes for caramel pie, but not this one and never known anyone who made it either, but my mother - and now me. And she didn't make it often. This pie was saved as a special treat for company or when we asked, "Could we please have a "caramel pie" instead of a birthday cake, PLEASE?!?"
Now, my friends and family beg for this pie - it is HEAVEN to the taste buds!
- 6 Tbsp
- 8 Tbsp
- 2 c
- light brown sugar
- 2 c
- 2 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 - 1 pt
- heavy cream, whipped
- 2 - 4 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar (to taste)
- caramel (bottled or homemade) for drizzling
How to Make Jennie's Caramel Pie
- 1Cream butter, flour and sugar together.
- 2Lightly scramble the egg, stir in the milk and add to creamed mixture.
- 3Cook the mixture in the top of double boiler until it's thickened, stirring constantly.
- 4Once it's reached the consistency you want, take it off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- 5Stir in the vanilla.
- 6Pour it into a baked pie shell and chill.
- 7When the pie is good and chilled, whip the cream with the confectioner's sugar and cover the pie. You can also drizzle some caramel on top or whip the cream and place a healthy dollop on each piece.