Indiana Amish Shoo Fly Pie
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Tbsp
- plus 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 c
- light molasses
- 3/4 c
- hot water
- 1 large
- 1 tsp
- baking soda dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
How to Make Indiana Amish Shoo Fly Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place pastry in a 9 inch pie shell.
With a fork or pastry blender mix together flour, brown sugar, and margarine to make a crumb-like mixture. Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture for topping the pie.
- 2Combine molasses, 3/4 cup hot water, and soda dissolved in another 1/4 cup hot water. Mix well.
Stir in crumbs (those not set aside). Pour the resulting filling into pie shell.
Top with the reserved 1/2 cup crumbs.
Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Serve pie warm or cool in small slices as it is rich. You may serve it with ice cream or whipped cream.