HEAD-OVER-HEELS APPLE PIE
Recipe & Photo: Tidymom.net
1 cpecans, chopped
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cmelted butter
1 pkgrefrigerated pie crust
1 tspall purpose flour
6 capples, peeled and sliced
2 Tbspall purpose flour
How to Make HEAD-OVER-HEELS APPLE PIE
- In a 10-inch pie plate, combine pecans, brown sugar, and butter, spreading evenly over bottom of pan.
- Prepare the pie crust, flouring both sides. Place one crust over the top of mixture in pan, pressing the crust down around the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss lightly.
- Spoon apple mixture into the pie-crust lined plate. Add second pie crust and flute edges. Cut several slits in top for steam to escape and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake pie in a preheated 375-degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- After cooling about 5 minutes, place a serving plate over the pie and carefully invert. Remove the pie pan. If some nuts stick in the pan, gently remove them with a knife and replace them on the pie.
Cool at least 1 hour before serving.