★★★★★ 1 vote5
350 kgmy gluten free flour blend
1 Tbspwhite sugar
1/2 cunsalted butter
1/2 ccrisco shortening
1 Tbspwhite vinegar or cider vinegar
5 - 7 Tbspcold water
How to Make Gluten Free Pie Pastry
- Stir your flour blend well, then weigh out amount needed.
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl.
- Add in the butter and shortening together, making it look like slivers of or sand and stones, not to fine.
- Add in the vnegar, and rub into crumbs well.
- Add water a little at a time, making a light dough just holding together.
- Wrap two discs into saran wrap and chill about 15 minutes. Not too long as it will go rock hard.
- Roll out as you would any other pastry on a gluten free floured board.
- Proceed as for your regular pies, for baking times etc.
Iuse these for butter tarts, cranberry tarts, and mincemeat tarts.