Easy as Apple Pie
16 ozrefrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
6 cpeeled, cored, and sliced apples
3/4 csugar, plus
1 Tbspsugar (divided)
1 1/2 tspapple-pie spice
2 Tbspbutter, chilled, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 Tbspmilk or cream
How to Make Easy as Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 425*F. Fit 1 pie crust into a 9" pie dish.
- Mix apples, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, apple-pie spice, and salt in large mixing bowl until apples are coated.
- Turn apple mixture into pastry-lined pie dish; spread evenly. Scatter butter pieces over top of mixture.
- Fit top crust over apple mixture. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust around edges. Press edges together to seal; flute.
- Brush top crust with milk. Make slits in top crust with knife to create steam vents. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake pie until golden, 40 - 45 minutes.