Easy as Apple Pie
- 16 oz
- refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 6 c
- peeled, cored, and sliced apples
- 3/4 c
- sugar, plus
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar (divided)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- apple-pie spice
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- milk or cream
How to Make Easy as Apple Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 425*F. Fit 1 pie crust into a 9" pie dish.
- 2Mix apples, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, apple-pie spice, and salt in large mixing bowl until apples are coated.
- 3Turn apple mixture into pastry-lined pie dish; spread evenly. Scatter butter pieces over top of mixture.
- 4Fit top crust over apple mixture. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust around edges. Press edges together to seal; flute.
- 5Brush top crust with milk. Make slits in top crust with knife to create steam vents. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake pie until golden, 40 - 45 minutes.