Cin's "RASPBERRY-LIME CREAM PIE"
Straws Kitchen(*o *)
I HAD SEVERAL BOXES OF FRESH RASPBERRIES I NEEDED TO USE (I DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO PITCH THEM OUT IN A DAY OR TWO) SOOOOOO, I MADE A PIE TODAY...IT TURNED OUT YUUMMMIE!!!
One of my original recipes....and personal photos.
1graham cracker crumb crust (ready made)
2egg yolks (save whites for later)
1 can(s)fat free sweetened condensed milk, (14 oz)
1/2 ckey lime juice
1 tspkey lime zest
8 ozof fresh raspberries
How to Make Cin's "RASPBERRY-LIME CREAM PIE"
- Preheat the oven to 350 dF.
- Combine the egg yolks and condensed milk until well mixed.
Stir in the key lime juice and zest.
Stir until mixture begins to slightly thicken.
Gently fold in the raspberries.
Pour the raspberry-lime filling into the READY-BAKE graham cracker crust. Bake for 20 min's.
- When pie is finished baking removed from over, and turn temp. up to 425 dF.
- Using the leftover egg whites (saved above) make meringue.
In a med bowl beat egg whites until frothy.
Add 1/2 t cream of tartar and gradually add 3 to 4 T sugar; beat on high until thickens.
Add in 1 t pure vanilla and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Put meringue all over warm pie and seal to the edges of the crust. Bake for approx. 15 to 20 min's (until beautifully golden).
- Cool to room temperature, then cover and put in refrig for at least a couple of hours before serving.