Chocolate Raspberry Pie
I have also used an Oreo crust with this one.
Recipe from my June/July TOH issue
- pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches) - i have also used oreo pie crust
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 oz
- semisweet chocolate
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Chocolate Raspberry Pie
- 1Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the raspberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Spread into shell; refrigerate.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over raspberry layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- 4Cool for 4-5 minutes. Pour over filling. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
Prep time and bake time does not include cooling time.