Better than Libby's Pumpkin Pie! Sshhh! hehe
3/4 cdark brown sugar
1/2 tspground ginger
1/4 tspground cloves
2 largelarge eggs
1 tspvanilla extract
1 can(s)Libby's solid pumpkin, don't sub puree (15 oz)
1 can(s)evaporated milk (12 oz)
1unbaked 9" deepdish pie pastry, homemade or pillsbury sheet
·sweetened whipped cream, Cool Whip or Ready Whip
How to Make Better than Libby's Pumpkin Pie! Sshhh! hehe
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk.
- Whisk in pumpkin stirring with the whisk.
- Whisk in sugar, salt, and spices, again stirring in with a whisk.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Slowly whisk in evaporated milk. (I always stir everything with a whisk, it stirs everything in better.)
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce temp to 350 and bake 40-50 minutes longer. Pie is done when very center jiggles a little, like Jell-O and knife inserted about midway comes out clean.
- Cool for about 2 hours before serving. The pie will set up completely as it cools.
*You can also make 2 (9") shallow pies out of this if desired.