Yummy jammy doughnuts
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·600 g flour
·2-3 tsp yeast (fast action)
·10 tbsp cane sugar
·100 ml milk (lukewarm)
·250 g ricotta cheese or butter milk, or quark or yogurt
·1/2 tsp salt
·110 g butter (melted)
·400 ml rapeseed oil or coconut oil (for deep-frying)
·4-5 tbsp jam (your jam choice) for serving
How to Make Yummy jammy doughnuts
- In a small bowl or a mug, mix the yeast with 1 tbsp sugar of the sugar and 50 ml of the warm milk. Place in a warm place to rest for 15 minutes or until It gets all bubbly and frothy.
- Prepare the larger bowl where you will be kneading the dough. Sift the flour. Add salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the yeast mix so this doesn't get to overflow in its current place(bowl or mug) the rest of the milk, the melted butter and the eggs. Mix all ingredients and start kneading. Knead for a good 5-7 min. You will kind of know kneading is done as your hand will be pretty nice and clean. The dough won't stick any longer.
- When it's all done and finished, cover the bowl with either cling film or with a clean kitchen towel and leave to rest for around 40-45 minutes in a warm place. The dough will double in size so this will be an indication that you can begin making your doughnuts.
- Take the dough out and place on a floured or oiled work surface. Begin to knead the dough again for a few minutes. Make small balls (2.5 cm in diameter) and place on an oiled surface for another 5-10 min.
- Meanwhile, begin to heat the oil in a deep pan until it gets really hot. To know this is ready for the doughnuts to be dropped in, just drop a small dough piece in and it should sizzle and turn golden brown in 1/2 minute or so.
- Start gently lowering the dough balls one at a time into the hot oil. You can do batches of 3 or 4 or even 5 depending on the frying dish size/opening and fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden-brown, Carefully turn over half way through frying. Check the first one to make sure it is done especially in the middle. If the middle part is not cooked it means that the heat is too high so lower it slightly.
- Remove from the hot oil with a draining spoon and place on a plate that has a few layers of kitchen paper.
- Sift your doughnuts with some icing sugar or serve with cream and jam.