Sticky Ginger Candied Rhubarb
Adapted from: Mother Earth News
How to Make Sticky Ginger Candied Rhubarb
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut rhubarb into 1-inch pieces, plus 1 or 2 longer pieces for an attractive garnish. Then spread the pieces out one-layer deep in a baking dish.
- 2Pour water over rhubarb pieces until about halfway submerged, then sprinkle ginger and sugar evenly over the top.
- 3Bake for about 30 minutes, until quite soft, turning a couple of times during baking.
- 4Spoon warm (or chilled) rhubarb and its sticky-yummy juices over shortbread, pound cake, ice cream, brownies or anything your heart desires!
- 5Note: Feel free to substitute your favorite sweetener, such as honey or agave syrup, for the raw sugar. If you like a smoother consistency dessert topping, you can purée the finished product in a food processor.