Quick, delicious nuts and dark cacao brownies
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·200 g sugar cane -unrefined
·120 g butter browned
·2 eggs room temperature
·75 g cacao powder
·1/4 tsp salt
·1/3 tsp vanilla powder
·45 g spelt flour
·75 g nuts chopped and toasted * i used walnuts and pecans
How to Make Quick, delicious nuts and dark cacao brownies
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C or 150°C if it’s fan assisted or gas mark 3.
- Line a 20 cm² brownie tin or any oven proof dish. I use ceramic ones sometimes.
- Melt the brown butter or brown it now if you don’t have any (see recipe notes for details) and set aside.
- Grab a bowl and combine the sugar, Cocoa powder, and the salt. Stir those nicely and add the butter slowly whisking it in.
- Add the eggs which should be at room temperature, one by one and beating in between.
- Add the vanilla and stir in the flour gently. Add the nuts (roughly chopped and toasted). Mix a little more to combine those too.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 20 or 25 minutes. Check with a skewer and this should come out with just a few moist crumbs on.
- Allowed to cool before removing from the tin and cut into little squares (between 16-20 squares).