Pecan Pie Squares
How to Make Pecan Pie Squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- For the crust, in a bowl mix the cake mix, butter and 1 egg.
Measure out 2/3 cups of this mixture and reserve it for the topping.
- Pat the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the reserved crust mixture, the remaining 3 eggs, the corn syrup, sugar and vanilla.
Stir in the pecans.
- Pour this mixture over the partially baked crust.
- Increase the oven heat to 375 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until the cake is set.
- Let cool, then cut into bars.