No bake, nut free granola bars
How to Make No bake, nut free granola bars
- In a large bowl, stir oats and rice cereal together.
- Set aside.
- In a medium pot melt honey, butter, and brown sugar together over a medium heat.
- Let it start to bubble.
- Reduce heat: cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Take pot off the heat and add vanilla. Stir.
- Pour over the dry mixture and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. Work quickly.
- Pour into a 13X9 baking dish that has been sprayed well with baking spray.
- Press down really well until the top is flat. Take your time pressing - press *a lot*. This is what will help it hold together later.
- Sprinkle with desired toppings. I've found that it's easiest to pour the chips on and even them out, then press down on them individually, pressing them into the top of the granola. Sounds time consuming, but only takes about 5 minutes.
- Cool on the counter top for 20 minutes.
- Place granola in the refrigerator for 25 minutes. DO NOT skip this step! They will fall apart if they are not chilled.