Liquorice Crème Brûlée
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 litre double cream
·45g organic liquorice powder
·1 liquorice root
·240g egg yolks
·brown sugar for sprinkling on top
·140g caster sugar
How to Make Liquorice Crème Brûlée
- Heat the cream with the liquorice powder until it reaches around 80 degrees (bring to a simmer but do not boil). Remove from the heat and leave for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks and the caster sugar together.
- Mix the egg yolk mixture with the liquorice cream and pour into ramekins. Bake in the oven in a bain-marie in a deep roasting tin for about an hour at 100 degrees.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and caramelize with a blowtorch. If you don't have blowtorch, you can also pop them under the grill to caramelize the top but you may need to put them back into the fridge for a little while afterwards to cool down before serving.
- Serve on plates decorated with liquorice powder or with small liquorice pieces.