Gift In A Jar: Gingerbread Syrup
Who needs those expensive coffee places? Not you and your loved ones!
*** If you don't want to use the fresh grated ginger...just add more ground ginger powder.
12half pint canning jars
4 clight corn syrup
4 cdark molasses
5 Tbspfresh ginger (grated)
4 Tbspground ginger powder
5 Tbspground cinnamon powder
1/2 tspground cloves powder
3 cbrown sugar
How to Make Gift In A Jar: Gingerbread Syrup
- Put all ingredients in a large pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 15 - 20 minutes (or until the syrup is well blended and ginger is cooked. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour into sterilized 1/2 pint jars. Wipe rims of jars. Let cool completely. Place lids and rings. Store in refrigerator.
- Put a pretty ribbon on each jar with a recipe card:
1. Stir 1 Tablespoon syrup into a cup of fresh hot coffee. Add cream. Stir well. Top with a a dollop of whipped cream and dust lightly with ground cloves.
2. Use on French toast, waffles and pancakes.
3. Put 1 Tablespoon in a cup of tea, add cream, top will a dollop of whipped cream and dust lightly with ground cloves.
*** Remember to keep refrigerated!