Dulce de Leche Bars
★★★★★ 1 vote5
33 ozrefrigerated cookie dough
1 3/4 cquick-cooking or old-fashioned oats, divided
2/3 cpacked brown sugar, divided
2 tspvanilla, divided
14 ozcaramels, unwrapped
14 ozsweetened condensed milk
3 Tbspcaramel topping
How to Make Dulce de Leche Bars
- Heat oven to 350*F. In large bowl, break up 1 roll of cookie dough. Stir or knead in 3/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla, until well blended. With floured fingers, press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13" x 9" pan to form crust.
- Bake 13 - 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in same bowl, break up remaining roll of cookie dough. Stir or knead in remaining oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and remaining vanilla, until well blended. In large heavy saucepan, heat caramels, butter, and condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread caramel mixture evenly over crust. Crumble remaining dough mixture evenly over caramel. Bake 20 - 25 minutes longer, or until light golden brown. Cool 1 hour. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- With small spoon, drizzle caramel topping over bars. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store in refrigerator.