Almond, apricot and limoncello tart
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·250 g plain flour
·150 g butter (cold)
·5 tbsp milk or water
·150 g almond flour
·190 g sugar (cane, unrefined)
·150 g butter (melted)
·6 eggs (medium)
·7 tbsp crème fraiche or double cream
·190 ml limoncello liqueur
·2 lemons (organic, unwaxed)
·5 apricots (cut into halves)
·70 g pecan nuts
·icing sugar to dust
How to Make Almond, apricot and limoncello tart
- Prepare a dish that is around 25-27cm in diameter. Also get the baking beans out as you will need them later.
- Start with making the shortcrust pastry by sifting the flower into a bowl, and a rob the cubed cold butter into the flour until it is all crumbs. Add the water and knead until it becomes a dough. Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate it for about 20-25 minutes. If you are in a hurry, place it in a freezer for half the time.
- Flour a surface and start rolling the pastry into a round shape and keep rolling it until this will go over the size of your dish base. It will have to be bigger so that you can raise the edges for at least 1-2 cm or more depending on the depth of your dish.
- Place the rolled pastry sheet in the tin and put that in the fridge ready to go in the oven later. It's easier this way.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350F or Gas Mark 4. Line the pastry with parchment paper and place the baking beans over. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 16 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking, take out a larger bowl so we get the filling ready. Beat the eggs using a free standing or hand electric mixer (high speed), add the sugar plus the melted butter and mix together until it becomes a nice and smooth paste. Zest and juice the lemons, add both zest (you may want to keep a little for deco). Blend in the crème fresh/double cream and the limoncello continuing with the mixer at its lowest speed.
- When the pastry has finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Remove the baking beans.
- Pour the egg mixture over the pastry base after removing the parchment paper and the baking beans. Add the halved apricots and the pecan nuts pushing those slightly in and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for around 20-22 min. It should be golden brown in colour.
- Take out of the oven, allow to cool and dust generously with icing sugar. Sprinkle some lemon zest and mint or lavender for a little colour to decorate this beauty.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or cool with a dollop of creme fraiche.