Thai Mango Sherbert
How to Make Thai Mango Sherbert
- Slice the mangos open and scoop out all of the fruit from the skins. Don't forget to include fruit around the seed (a knife works well for this).
- Place the fruit in a food processor or blender. Add the sugar and blitz for 1 minute, or until the sugar has dissolved and you are left with a delicious mango puree.
- Add the coconut milk and lemon juice, and briefly blitz to combine (a few seconds).
- Pour the mango puree into a bowl or container while you continue to use your processor/blender. Scape down the sides and bottom with a rubber spatula to remove as much of the puree as possible.
- Now pour the whipping cream into the processor/blender. Blitz until the cream forms stiff peaks, or is quite stiff (not runny) when dipped into with your finger.
- Add the mango puree to the whipped cream and blitz 5-10 seconds, or until you get a good mango-cream consistency.
- Pour into a large yogurt container or similar size tub and place in the freezer. Allow to freeze at least 6 hours, preferably 8.
- Serve the mango sorbet in bowls, or scoop into ice cream cones for the kids. (To make scooping easier, take the sorbet out of the freezer 10 to 15 minutes ahead of time).