EGG NOG ICE CREAM
How to Make EGG NOG ICE CREAM
- Separate egg yolks from whites. Scald milk and beat egg yolks with sugar.
- Add scalded milk slowly to Egg yolks and sugar while beating constantly.
- Return to double boiler and cook 15 minutes.
- Soften 1 package 1 tbsp gelatin in 1/2 cup cold milk and lemon juice. Add mixture to double boiler.
- Beat 8 egg whites just until stiff. Pour custard slowly over egg whites while stirring constantly.
- Wash and dry 1 gallon ice cream freezer. Fill freezer with custard mixture cover and put in refrigarator for at least 1 1/2 hour. Freeze according to freezer directions.
- For caramel ice cream substitute brown sugar for granulated and 2 teaspoons almond extract instead of lemon juice to basic recipe.