Chocolate Ice Cream
How to Make Chocolate Ice Cream
- Combine sugar and cocoa in small bowl. In a saucepan over medium heat warm cream and milk.
- When cream and milk mixture is warm, whisk in sugar and cocoa mixture and vanilla. Whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is well combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator over night.
- When ready to make ice cream, start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
- Churn for 20-40 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Variations: Add 1/2 cup mix ins such as chocolate chips or chopped nuts, after ice cream has churned for at least 15 minutes or when mixture is thick and has started to freeze.