Quick ‘n’ yummy apple strudel
Ramona's Cuisine -
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 kg apples
·1 pack puff pastry ready rolled
·120-140 g cane sugar
·1/4 tsp salt
·1 tsp cinnamon
·80 g sultanas
·80 g cranberries (dry)
·1 tsp rum essence (optional)
·1 tbsp poppy seeds (to sprinkle)
·2 tbsp sunflower seeds (to sprinkle)
·1 tbsp icing sugar (for dusting)
How to Make Quick ‘n’ yummy apple strudel
- Wash, core and chop the apples into little chunks.
- Place those in a deep pan over low heat.
- Add sugar and the cinnamon and cook for 10-12 min on low heat. You may drizzle couple of tbsp water to get it started. Cook the apples until these become slightly mushy. Set aside once finished and allow them to cool.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge for at least 10-15 min before working withit. When the apples have completely cooled, preheat the oven at 180 C. Prepare a tray by greasing it with some butter or oil spray or placing a sheet of parchment paper.
- Work on either on floured surface or simply on the paper that comes with the pastry.
- Spread the cooked apple evenly over the whole of the pastry sheet surface leaving a 1/2 cm gap all around the edges.
- Sprinkle some dry cranberries and toasted nuts (any nut you like) even a couple of tbsp of cane sugar if you’d like it slightly sweeter.
- Roll nicely n' carefully and place the strudel on the greased tray.
- Sprinkle some poppy and sunflower seeds over it and give it a little agave/maple or dates syrup drizzle.
- Bake at 180 C for 40-45 min depending on your oven. Just keep an eye on it and
- Take out of the oven and allow it to cool for 10-20 min before serving. Dust with icing sugar.