Layers of Love -Fresh Georgia Peach Cobbler-Pie
3 - 4 lb(or 6-8) large fresh peaches
3/4 cbutter or margarine, melted
1/8 tspground, fresh nutmeg
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground cloves
1 tspvanilla extract
·juice from 1 lemon
2 Tbspcorn starch
·pie crust (for 3 layers of crust –top, middle and bottom)**
·a pie dish pie or casserole dish that is deep enough for two layers of peaches with 3 crust layers.
How to Make Layers of Love -Fresh Georgia Peach Cobbler-Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Peaches: Cut an x into peaches. Blanch peaches in boiling water for 10-15 seconds. Peel.
- Slice peaches, and toss with sugar, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, corn starch, Vanilla extract and lemon juice; mix well. Set aside while preparing crusts.
- Prepare crusts: Use homemade or purchased pie crusts to make three (3) crusts. Take the first crust (make sure that you have enough dough/crust to cover the bottom and up the sides of the pan or dish you are working with.). Use a deep enough dish to hold two layers of peaches. I used a 2 qt. glass Pyrex casserole dish. Insert the crust and partially bake for 10 minutes -until the bottom of the crust is set and a light tan color.
- Place half of the peach mixture on top of the partially baked bottom crust in the dish.
- Take another crust and cut into 4 strips, the length of the pie dish. Place strips on ungreased cookie sheet; bake 18 minutes. Cool enough to handle.
- Arrange the baked pastry strips on top of the peach mixture in the pie dish. It is okay if they break as you fit them in the pie dish –you won’t see them after the pie is put together.
- Cover the pastry strips with the remainder half of the peach mixture.
- Place the top crust over the peaches and seal the edges. Cut a couple of slits in the top of the crust (or you can make a lattice top crust).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 1 hour or until crust is golden brown.