Grilled Bananas Foster
How to Make Grilled Bananas Foster
- Preheat a grill pan or grill grate over medium heat.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved. Simmer until mixture thickens about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and set aside.
- Cut each banana lengthwise, leaving the skin on and brush with butter and brown sugar sauce.
- Oil the grill pan and arrange the bananas, cut side down, on the pan. Grill until caramelized, about 4 minutes. Turn the bananas and grill until the skins are blackened bananas are soft and warmed through, about 5 minutes more. Baste frequently with the sauce during the cooking process.
- Remove from grill to a serving platter and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, drizzled with remaining sauce.