2honeycrisp apples peeled cored and cut in 8 wedges
2 can(s)refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 1/2 cbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 clemon lime soda
How to Make Apple Dumplings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking dish with butter.
- Wrap apple wedges in crescent rolls starting at the wider end. Place in prepared baking dish.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium low heat. Whisk in brown sugar and cinnamon; cooking for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla; being very careful as it will bubble up.
- Pour the mixture over and around the dumplings. Pour the lemon lime soda around and between the dumplings without pouring over them. Any lemon lime soda will work like Mountain Dew, Sprite, 7up or ginger ale.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the dumplings are golden brown.