How to Make Syrian Mouhalabieh
- 1In a non-stick or stainless steel pot, put the milk with the dissolved cornstarch and vanilla sugar together. Place the pot on medium heat and stir until the mixture is warm.
- 2Add the remaining 4 cups of milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the 1/2 cup of sugar and continue stirring for 10 more min.
- 3Turn off the heat then add the rose water and orange blossom water. Stir well to mix and dissolve.
- 4Pour the mouhalabieh in serving bowls. Allow them to cool at room temperature for about 30 min then refrigerate for several hours.
- 5Garnish with raw ground pistachios and serve cold.