No Bake Blueberry Pie
The Blueberry of the genus Vaccinium, is a native American species. Early settlers cherished the fruit as a staple ingredient in foods and medicines. They incorporated the berries into their diets, eating them fresh off the bush and adding them to soups, stews, and many other foods.
North America is the worlds leading blueberry producer, accounting for nearly 90% of world production at the present time.
- 9 inch baked pie crust
- 4 c
- fresh blueberries, divided
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- cold water
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- or vanilla ice cream
How to Make No Bake Blueberry Pie
- 1Fill baked pie crust with 3 cups blueberries.
In a pan, crush remaining 1 cup blueberries and stir in sugar; cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- 2Stir together cornstarch, water and lemon juice; add to blueberry mixture along with cinnamon. Cook stirring, until mixture boils and thickens; spoon over blueberries in baked pie crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- 3Serve with fresh whipped cream, whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.