Creamy Piña Colada Pie
- 1 c
- pineapple nectar or juice (i use nectar)
- 1 c
- canned coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp
- rum extract, divided
- (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 c
- whipped cream, divided
- (9-inch) premade or homemade pie crust, baked
- 1/4 c
- shredded coconut, toasted
- cherries for garnish
- fresh pineapple for garnish
How to Make Creamy Piña Colada Pie
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the pineapple juice (or nectar), coconut milk, rum extract and the pudding mix.
- 2Blend on high using a hand mixer until the filling is smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
- 3Using a spatula, fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture, and spoon the filling into the pie crust
- 4Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe the remaining whipped cream on top of the pie (or spread the remaining whipped cream over the top), and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- 5Place the pie in the refrigerator for several hours to allow the filling to firm up.
- 6When ready to serve, cut the pie into slices. Garnish with cherries, fresh pineapple and extra shredded coconut.
To make this a boozy version, simply reduce the pineapple juice to 3/4 cup and add in 2 shots of rum.