Creamy Piña Colada Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cpineapple nectar or juice (i use nectar)
1 ccanned coconut milk
1 Tbsprum extract, divided
1(3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cwhipped cream, divided
1(9-inch) premade or homemade pie crust, baked
1/4 cshredded coconut, toasted
·cherries for garnish
·fresh pineapple for garnish
How to Make Creamy Piña Colada Pie
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pineapple juice (or nectar), coconut milk, rum extract and the pudding mix.
- Blend on high using a hand mixer until the filling is smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
- Using a spatula, fold 1 cup of the whipped cream into the pineapple mixture, and spoon the filling into the pie crust
- Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe the remaining whipped cream on top of the pie (or spread the remaining whipped cream over the top), and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for several hours to allow the filling to firm up.
- When ready to serve, cut the pie into slices. Garnish with cherries, fresh pineapple and extra shredded coconut.
To make this a boozy version, simply reduce the pineapple juice to 3/4 cup and add in 2 shots of rum.