Cream Pecan Pie
- 9-inch frozen pie shell, pre-baked fully
- 2 c
- 1 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 large
- eggs, separated
- 4 Tbsp
- cornstarch, or flour
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 8 Tbsp
How to Make Cream Pecan Pie
- 1Pre-bake the pie shell to package directions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, to bake the pie.
- 2Boil 2 cups sugar and water into a thick syrup. Add butter.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks, cornstarch of flour, and heavy cream; add to the syrup and boil until it thickens.
- 4Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour mixture into pie shell. Cool.
- 5Beat the egg whites to soft peaks, add 8 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff.
- 6Spread meringue over the pie and bake until meringue is brown