Cream Pecan Pie
19-inch frozen pie shell, pre-baked fully
4 largeeggs, separated
4 Tbspcornstarch, or flour
1 cheavy cream
1 1/2 cchopped pecans
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Cream Pecan Pie
- Pre-bake the pie shell to package directions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, to bake the pie.
- Boil 2 cups sugar and water into a thick syrup. Add butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks, cornstarch of flour, and heavy cream; add to the syrup and boil until it thickens.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour mixture into pie shell. Cool.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks, add 8 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff.
- Spread meringue over the pie and bake until meringue is brown