Cheat's Chocolate Banoffee Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
FOR THE CRUST
6 Tbspbutter (melted)
1 1/2 cdark chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed
1 1/4 cdark chocolate (melted)
1 1/4 cdouble cream (carton, lightly whipped) or heavy cream
·cocoa powder (to dust)
How to Make Cheat's Chocolate Banoffee Pie
- Add the melted butter to the crushed cookies and blend well.
- Press the mixture into the base and partway up the sides of a (7") spring form cake pan, then chill well.
- Make the filling:
Melt the chocolate gently in the microwave then mix in the caramels. Beat until smooth.
- Spread the filling over the cookie base and chill for about 1 hour, until firm.
- To serve, slice the bananas, fold half of them into the whipped cream and spoon over the base.
- Decorate with the remaining bananas and dust liberally with cocoa powder.