Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
·butter (for greasing the pan)
·1 cup all-purpose flour
·1 stick butter, cubed
·¼ cup sugar
·2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
·¼ tsp salt
·1 egg yolk, beaten
·2½ (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese
·¾ cup sugar
·1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree
·3 large eggs
·4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
·½ tsp salt
·1 tsp. vanilla extract
·4 (1 oz.) baker’s dark or semi-sweet chocolate squares
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Squares
Preheat oven to 350º F. Line bottom and two of the sides of a 9” square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang on two sides for easy removal later on.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush the bottom and sides of the pan with the melted butter.
- With a food processor running, add a cube of butter at a time until crumbly.
- With the food processor running add the vanilla extract, beaten egg and mix until it comes together; about 2 minutes.
- Press onto the bottom of the buttered baking pan. Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, salt, flour and sugar. Mix until combined; about 3 - 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla extract.
- Place ¾ of the mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the pumpkin puree to the remaining batter in the mixing bowl. Mix until combined, about 1 minute. (Cook’s Note) Do not over mix or the cheesecake will crack.
- Melt the chocolate and let cool for two minutes.
- Mix the chocolate with the plain cheesecake mixture in the separate mixing bowl.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the baking pan. Place dollops of the chocolate mixture over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Using a wooden skewer or knife tip, make swirls.
- Bake until the cheesecake is set, about 45 minutes. It will still jiggle slightly when gently shaken. It will solidify when it cools.
- Cool in the pan at room temperature. Place in the refrigerator overnight, in the same pan where it was baked.
- With a sharp knife, cut into squares. Wipe knife blade between cuts to keep the squares clean and even.