Delicious Cream Puffs
How to Make Delicious Cream Puffs
- 1Combine water, butter and salt in heavy 2 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a full boil. Stir in flour vigorously 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
Cool mixture 10 minutes.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- 2Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls, 3 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
Pierce each puff gently with fork to allow steam to escape.
- 3Cut off tops; remove any filaments of soft dough.
Just before serving, fill puffs as desired.
Dust cream puff with powdered sugar.
Can be topped with melted chocolate chips, instead of powdered sugar.
- 4FILLING SUGGESTIONS: ice cream, whipped cream, pudding or pie filling.
For appetizers: chicken, seafood, tuna or egg salad.
Fill each cream puff with about 1/2 cup salad.
- 5Can make mini cream puffs: Bake 28 to 33 minutes.