Caramel Popcorn Balls, Homemade and Old Fashioned
- (3 ounce) bags microwave popcorn, natural flavor
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- light corn syrup
- 2-3 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Caramel Popcorn Balls, Homemade and Old Fashioned
- 1Pop corn in the microwave using package's directions one bag at a time, removing any unpopped kernels.
- 2place popped corn in warm (not hot) oven to keep warm and set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan with a candy thermometer inserted, combine butter, sugar, and corn syrup.
- 4Stir well and bring to boiling over medium heat.
- 5Stir in condensed milk; simmer, stirring constantly, until thermometer reads 238 degrees F (114 degrees C).
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7Pour caramel over popped corn and stir to coat.
- 8Butter hands lightly; shape popcorn into balls about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.