1 1/2 cflour
1/2 cmasa harina
1/4 coil or butter
1 Tbspbaking powder
3 Tbspsugar for topping
1 tspcinnamon for topping
1 coil (approx.) for frying
How to Make Bunuelos
- For the topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder. Seperately, cream the sugar and oil or butter until smooth. Add in the egg, milk and the masa harina. Gradually add in the flour until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into meatball sized balls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. You can leave them round, or flatten them into cakes.
- Heat oil in a medium pan until hot. Fry dough balls or cakes 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel covered plate. Using tongs, place each piece in sugar mixture and shake until well coated, turning piece over if necessary. Serve warm.