S’mores Krispies Bars
These S’mores Krispie Treats are an ode to one of the first snacks I made as a kid. Heck, I’m betting they may have been yours too. Because being entertained by the back of a cereal box is important to a kid who’s just learning to cook. And adults sometimes too.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 Tbspsalted butter
410 ounce packages small marshmallows
1 1/2 cmini semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 choney flavored graham cracker crumbs
2 tsppure vanilla extract
10 crice krispies
How to Make S’mores Krispies Bars
- Prepare a 9 X 13-inch pan by spreading with butter or line with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 3 packages of the marshmallows to the pan and stir to melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mini chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and vanilla extract into the marshmallow.
- Add the rice cereal and toss to combine.
- Butter fingers and press the cereal into the prepared pan.
- Top with package of remaining mini marshmallows and broil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Lift the cereal from the pan and cut with a heavy knife coated with non-stick spray.