S’mores Krispies Bars
These S’mores Krispie Treats are an ode to one of the first snacks I made as a kid. Heck, I’m betting they may have been yours too. Because being entertained by the back of a cereal box is important to a kid who’s just learning to cook. And adults sometimes too.
- 8 Tbsp
- salted butter
- 10 ounce packages small marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 c
- honey flavored graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 10 c
- rice krispies
How to Make S’mores Krispies Bars
- 1Prepare a 9 X 13-inch pan by spreading with butter or line with non-stick aluminum foil.
- 2Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- 3Add 3 packages of the marshmallows to the pan and stir to melt.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the mini chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and vanilla extract into the marshmallow.
- 5Add the rice cereal and toss to combine.
- 6Butter fingers and press the cereal into the prepared pan.
- 7Top with package of remaining mini marshmallows and broil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- 9Lift the cereal from the pan and cut with a heavy knife coated with non-stick spray.