Rice Krispie Donuts
Oh joy, oh boy…I love donuts!! So of course I am going to celebrate in a big way! But, not with a donut recipe. But, these adorable Rice Krispie donuts can substitute for the traditional version. Or stand on their own sprinkled feet. They are just that adorable.
See how I shaped them like donuts and then called them “Rice Krispie Donuts” so that they can count? Sneaky. These Rice Krispie Donuts are fast and easy. And they’re a terrific idea for a party!! Especially one that will also have ice cream or glitter or little girls.
- batch rice krispies treats
- cherry icing
- candy sprinkles
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- cherry grenadine
MY CHERRY ICING
How to Make Rice Krispie Donuts
- 1Make the rice krispie treats.
- 2Let the Rice Krispies cool a bit before shaping. That way you won’t burn your hands.
- 3Keep your hands buttered or wet so they don’t stick.
- 4Shape the rice krispie treats into dounuts. Let cool completely before icing.
- 5For the Icing:
Beat all ingredients together.
- 6Add additional liquid or powdered sugar to achieve consistency.
- 7Pour icing over cooled dounuts and sprinkle with colored candy sprinkles.
You could use store bought Cherry Frosting for these. Frost the donuts and then sprinkle with sprinkles.