Pistachio Rosewater Ghriba (Cookies)
- 2 c
- shelled pistachios
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cardamom
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- rose water
- egg yolks
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar for dusting
- shelled whole pistachios to top cookies
How to Make Pistachio Rosewater Ghriba (Cookies)
- 1Preheat your oven to 350F.
In a food processor, blend the pistachios until they are broken down to almost a powder.
- 2n a large bowl combine pistachio flour, granulated sugar, cardamom, and baking powder.
Add to the dry ingredients the rosewater and egg yolks.
- 3Break up the butter with your hands or a pastry cutter and begin working into the dough.
Using your hands or pastry cutter mix all of the ingredients until everything has been combined, the dough will feel slightly sticky.
- 4Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat sheet.
From small balls with your hands, about 1" in diameter.
- 5Coat the balls with powdered sugar and place onto a cookie sheet or plate.
Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes, or place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- 6Arrange cookies on baking sheet and gently press a pistachio into the top of each. Do not flatten the cookies, they will naturally shape.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. The cookies should still be a pale color.
- 7Leave on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes to allow the cookies to finish setting, then transfer to a cooling rack.
When the cookies are completely cool, transfer to an air tight container.
- 8Cookies can be stored on the counter for 1-2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To serve, remove from the freezer and allow to come to room temp before serving.