Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 3 c
- unsalted butter, softened
- 2 c
- granulated sugar
- 6 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- lemon extract
- 1 tsp
- dried lavender buds
- lavender colored sugar
How to Make Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 1Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Sift flour and salt.
Add to butter mixture and stir until well incorporated.
Add vanilla extract, lemon extract, and lavender buds.
- 3Form dough into logs roll in lavender colored sugar and wrap in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate until firm. (I give it 2-3 hrs but longer wouldn't hurt it)
- 4Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 5Slice dough into 1/2 thick slices.
Lay cookie slices on parchment lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.