Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
I first imagined making these cookies at the beginning of December. I was doing a little brainstorming about recipes to make in January and February. What came to mind was cold weather and hot chocolate. I wanted to try making a hot chocolate cake, hot chocolate cheesecake and hot chocolate cookie cups so I made a list on my iPhone.
1 pkgpillsbury sugar cookie dough
1/2 cheavy whipping cream
2 Tbsphot cocoa mix
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cwhite chocolate chips
1 cjet-puffed mallow bits (mini marshmallows)
How to Make Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 24 mini-muffin tins.
- Put1 tablespoon of the sugar cookie dough into 24 greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely in the pan before gently removing them.
- Make the chocolate ganache by bringing the whipping cream to a boil.
- Stir in the hot cocoa mix.
- Pour the hot cream over the semi-sweet chocolate chips and let it sit for 3 minutes
- Then, stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Break off the loops on some mini pretzels to use as handles.
- Melt the white chocolate and use it to attach the pretzel handles to the cookie cups.
- Spoon the chocolate ganache into the cookie cups and top with mini marshmallows.