Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
I first imagined making these cookies at the beginning of December. I was doing a little brainstorming about recipes to make in January and February. What came to mind was cold weather and hot chocolate. I wanted to try making a hot chocolate cake, hot chocolate cheesecake and hot chocolate cookie cups so I made a list on my iPhone.
- 1 pkg
- pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp
- hot cocoa mix
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- white chocolate chips
- mini pretzels
- 1 c
- jet-puffed mallow bits (mini marshmallows)
How to Make Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 24 mini-muffin tins.
- 2Put1 tablespoon of the sugar cookie dough into 24 greased mini muffin tins.
- 3Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 4Allow the cookies to cool completely in the pan before gently removing them.
- 5Make the chocolate ganache by bringing the whipping cream to a boil.
- 6Stir in the hot cocoa mix.
- 7Pour the hot cream over the semi-sweet chocolate chips and let it sit for 3 minutes
- 8Then, stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the ganache is smooth.
- 9Break off the loops on some mini pretzels to use as handles.
- 10Melt the white chocolate and use it to attach the pretzel handles to the cookie cups.
- 11Spoon the chocolate ganache into the cookie cups and top with mini marshmallows.