Heath Bar Cookies
1 1/4 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 stickunsalted butter, softened
4finely chopped heath bars (i used only two regular size bars, which when chopped was 1/2 cup)
1/2 cchopped pecans
How to Make Heath Bar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 2 minutes on medium-high. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to incorporate.
- Now add the flour mixture only until just combined. Turn off the mixer and stir in (by hand) the candy bars and pecans. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the dough is nice and firm.
- Drop cookie dough in scoops about 2 inches apart onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cookie rack to cool completely. Store covered.